Saturday 21 May 2016

A Graceful Vacation

So far, the year 2016 has been a grace-filled year for me with lots of activities and life. It is rightly said, "Count Your Blessings One by One", yet it is difficult to count on. God has been gracious yesterday, today and will be tomorrow. 

I was on vacation in the month of May, after a hectic life in the seminary. It was a great time to go down to South for relaxation. Though the Sun was hard on everyone, blessings of God acted as cooling agent.

On 8th of May, one of my nieces (Mishel Savita D'Souza) professed her first vows in the Congregation of Charles Borromeo at Bangalore. Celebrating the Eucharist in that holy event, along with the family members was a divine experience. Here are few happy moments. 


Sr. Mishel Savita D'Souza
Sr. Mishel with her parents, brothers and Uncle Priests

After the Profession

Happy Moments with Paternal and Maternal Uncles

Earlier this year, in the month of January, another niece of mine, Sr. Lucy Mary Crasta had professed her first vows in the Apostolic Carmel Congregation in Mangalore. I had the privilege to be part of that event also. She is the second daughter to be the religious nun of my eldest sister.

A proud mother with her three children in the Vineyard of the Lord
Br. Paul (Shivamoga diocese), Mr. Timothi, Mr. Prakash,
Sr. Lucy Mary AC, Mrs. Eliza (My eldest sister), Sr. Jacintha Flora SCCJ


On 9th of May, I attended the Ordination of my friend, neighbour and parishioner, Fr. Ranjit Rodrigues, for the diocese of Nagpur Archdiocese. The Ordination was in my home parish. 


After this programme, we had a family get-together beginning with the Eucharistic celebration at home, to thank the Lord for His bountiful blessings. On this day, we celebrated 50th birthday of my brother. 
It is the time to Thank the Lord for His blessings


Mother blessing my Brother on his Birthday




Eldest nice welcoming
Brother-in-law, congratulating
with my three Nieces
My Mother with Her four religious grandchildren and Me





With these happy moments and memories returned to my mission place, Ranchi Seminary. 





No comments: